Pera Soho | 4 Mediterranean Food+Drinks To Try In Lower Manhattan
Updated: Mar 10
Soho is mostly known for it's trendy fashion venues, cafes, restaurants and vibrant social lifestyles. As a New Yorker, I'm always out and about attending special events, but as of late (due to COVID) I've been focusing more on collaborating with some of the hottest NYC restaurants both big & small to spread the word of their openings with social distancing protocols. Not many restaurants are fortunate to remain open, so my goal was/is to highlight places where you can still grab a good cocktail, and some small bites while adapting to the new norm.
For this feature, I had the pleasure of collaborating with Pera Soho. It's a Mediterranean retreat that has a great courtyard (with heat lamps for cooler weather) dining space, and a cozy upscale interior. The courtyard ambience is definitely a vibe, and makes for a perfect happy hour, dinner, and/or brunch spot with your favorite pals. As you walk into the space for Pera Soho, you'll notice the huge brick wall backdrop from the building that's right next to it, and how the tables are setup to provide comfort in social distancing with your party. There are even areas available for private dining lined with red curtains, fancy. The decor/table settings features a mixture of casual and upscale details, and as you make your way throughout the space you're easily transported into a summer garden opening with string lights and pockets of greenery. After gathering some pictures of the space to share with you, it was time for the tasting.
For the tasting, I tried five of their signature cocktails along with four dishes that's recommended for your next dining discovery when looking for great spots to eat in Manhattan. Here goes...
BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI .... 14
• absolut, blood orange puree, orange bitters, lemon...zesty, and refreshing
WINTER DATE MARGARITA
• margarita, cinnamon, dates, tequila, lemon juice...by far my favorite, it's not on the menu, but you can ask for it.
SOHO BLOSSOM .... 14
• sparkling wine, rose hip tea, orange blossom, St. Germain....great drink for brunch (somewhere in the bellini family) or happy hour
SPICY CUCUMBER COOLER .... 14
• barton, fresh cucumber juice, serrano chili, lemon....refreshing, and nicely garnished with sides dipped in pepper flakes
pictures not available for the last drinks
TURKISH APRICOT MARGARITA .... 14
• olmeca altos, apricot puree, triple sec, lime juice...
the EATS left to right on desktop
MEDITERRANEAN OCTOPUS ....19
• fingerling potato, romesco, lentil, herb salad...loved the potatoes, decent sauce
with added lentil
PORTUGUESE FRIED CALAMARI ...16
• soujouk, cherry peppers, calabrian aioli, lemon...good serving size, the combination of cherry peppers + sauce brought out the flavors of the calamari
HUMMUS (V) ….9
• toasted garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, shallots, paprika....loved the hummus here, served with fresh pita chips
MEDITERRANEAN MEATBALLS ....15
• stewed tomato, feta and oregano...freshly made meatballs, served with fresh n' soft pita bread
the VIBES indoor & out
So there you have it. The Pera Soho experience was delightful, from the ambience to the cocktails + bites I tried. If you're looking for one of the best soho restaurants to hang out with friends, or a date for happy hours in a nice courtyard setup, plus upscale inside vibe....be sure to check it out. It's located at 50 Thompson Street, New York NY.
If you’re new to the site, here are some other top NYC spots to grab signature cocktails & bites ... thirsty? Subscribe for more good treats as they are posted, shaken or stirred...plus great lifestyle + wellness content to enjoy.
Lifestyle Editor | Content Creator