Savanna Rooftop | 5 Cocktails + Small Bites To Try In LIC
There's a rooftop that's beautifully decorated with lavish faux grass, modern lounge-style table sets, and a colorful mural by Brooklyn artist N. Carlos J. With a 360° pan, the views are beautiful during the day as well as during the night. So what's the name of this rooftop you ask, the name is Savanna Rooftop located in Queens, Long Island City.
Last week, I had the pleasure of stopping by for a tasting of their signature cocktails along with a few small bites. The manager and host Vicente welcomed us (myself and another editor from VOLATILE) and gave a tour of the space. The seating areas are nicely arranged for social distancing, and as the weather gets cooler for fall/winter, there'll be a new set up called Sky Suite. Sky Suite will be built to keep guests warm as they enjoy the views.
As I made myself comfortable and went over the menu, Vicente suggested some bites plus drinks to start with, and I was pleased.
Guava Mezcal Margarita (recommend)
• mezcal poblano liqueur, orange liqueur, guava and lime
- refreshingly sweet
• rum, mint, lime and soda
- this was very nice, one of the better mojitos I've had recently.
• vodka, aperol, grapefruit and lime
- If I remember this correctly, this was spicy and sweet... very refreshing.
Savanna Colada (recommend)
• rum, coconut, pineapple and lime
- Umm, coconut and pineapple with a splash of rum...yes please! This was a good colada.
SPECIAL DRINK | Henny Toddy (picture not available)
- similar to a hot toddy, this was nice to sip on...recommended as the
night's get cooler.
Guacamole & Chips
• chicken satays are pieces of chicken served with a sweet chilli sauce.
Grilled Adobe Chicken Tacos
• pickled red onions, charred salsa verde, corn tortillas
Savanna Beef Slider
• grilled red onions, sriracha mayo, gruyere, pickles on a brioche bun
So there you have it, you have to visit Savanna and experience the beautiful 360° views and trendy lounge sets. Make sure to wear something cute, because you'll be tempted to snap a pic or two with the city scape backgrounds and ambience. Until next time, thanks for reading.
Catch up on past lifestyle content here :-)
lifestyle editor | blogger